Friday 9 December 2011

My Best Feature

I asked my friend this afternoon,
As I gazed into my reflection,
What she thought of what I saw,
She said, “Images are usually misconceptions”

I started to put down my appearance,
Wishing I was thinner and taller,
She looked at me with understanding eyes,
Saying, “Superficial wishes only make you smaller.”

I knew she was right, but was she to talk,
For she was every guy’s dream,
I tried to point this out to her,
She replied, “Appearances aren’t always what they seem.”

“Tell me five features you admire in yourself” she said,
And I knew my troubles had just begun,
For I could see the hurt in her expression,
When I couldn’t think of one,

I could not think of a single feature I liked,
And my stomach slowly started to sink,
So I turned to my friend and simply said,
“Well, what do you think ?”

“I think you’re looking at it all wrong,” she said,
“And I wish I could make it clearer.
It’s what’s inside that makes you beautiful,
And not what can be seen in the mirror”.

She said, “You’re the most loving person I know,
And I hate to watch you fall apart,
If you want to know what makes you beautiful,
Your best feature is your heart.”



notetoself :  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Solat penuh harini ?